(1) My child has finished the initial three month 2nd Gear Program at NCCH. He/she would like to continue on, what do we do now?
(2) Why is my son/daughter being asked to purchase something called a Citizen Permit. What is this and where do I buy it?
b) If for any reason you/your child requests to withdraw from NCCH programming, we require handwritten notice delivered to our office with 30 days notice.
c) Riders will be given LOA (leave of absence) for medical reasons, starting from the date that our office is given written notice accompanied by a medical note. There will be no retroactive reimbursement.
(4) How is the NCCH funded?
~80% User fees, ~15% Sponsorship, ~5% other.
(5) Does the NCCH have a Legacy Fund?
Yes there is a legacy fund that is a result of the 2013 World Cycling Championships. This Legacy Fund is managed by a Board of Directors made up of representatives from MacMaster University, City of Hamilton, Cycling Canada, Ontario Cycling, and other experienced & skilled people. The Legacy fund can be used for very specific requirements, this does not include operational, or team expenses.
(6) How many full time staff does the NCCH employ
Marketing / Recruitment-Retention
Summer Students (funding dependent)
(7) Does the NCCH fund expenses for teams?
No. All riders are expected to cover their costs in travelling, accommodation, meals etc.
(8) What does the NCCH provide at projects in which a team competes?
NCCH provides coaching support, chaperon, logistics, booking accommodation where required, supplies Team Van & Trailer, tents etc.
(9) How can I help the NCCH continue to be the leading Cycling Development Program in North America?
We are always looking for people to volunteer to assist with specific projects, such as;
- Youth Cup Committee, or volunteer to help at the event
- Social/Fundraising Committee
- Do a Coaching course (NCCH conducts 2 per year)
(10) If I become involved with an NCCH program, are there any discount I can tap into?
Yes! When you get involved with NCCH, you have the opportunity to use our NCCH discount at Ancaster Cycle! Here’s how it works:
1st Gear & 2nd Gear:
- Receive 10% off regular priced parts and accessories
– Exceptions are no discount on Garmin, electronic trainers, Shimano, car racks, indoor trainers)
- No discount on Bikes
Hub & Top Gear:
- Receive 15% off regular priced parts and accessories
– Exceptions are 10% off Garmin, electronic trainers, Shimano, car racks, indoor trainers
- Bike Discount
– 5% off bikes up to $1000
– 10% off bikes that are $1001 to up
High Performance (HPT/Elite)
- 30% off parts and accessories
– Exceptions are 10% off Garmin, Shimano, electronic trainers
– 15% off car racks, indoor trainers
- 30% off GIANT carbon road bikes 105 and above